Valentine’s Day is almost here and I am always looking for a simple chocolate dessert recipe to serve Mr. Wonderful. Hearts made of brownies and strawberries say chocolate romance in a big way.
Melt some butter and stir in some chocolate chips, add in eggs and some sugar and flour. Mix it all up and you have a recipe for a sweet ending to a beautiful evening. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 2½ c.-brown sugar
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir until chips are completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and stir.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Stir.
- Add in flour and salt. Stir until completely mixed.
- Cut parchment paper to fit bottom of 9 x 13 pan
- Spray bottom and sides of pan and place paper OVER spray on bottom of pan. Spoon in batter. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan.
- Turn brownies upside down on cutting board and allow to cool.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Use various sizes of heart cookie cutters and cut out brownie hearts.
- Cut strawberries in half, then cut a v on top to make a heart.
- Arrange brownie hearts and strawberry hearts on platter.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
|Molten Chocolate Lava Cupcakes -the Perfect Dessert
I chose to make this dessert for our Girls Night Out on Saturday. Nothing says "Girls" better than...
|Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together. My kids and I are the biggest Reeses Peanut Butter...
|Valentine’s Day Chocolate Recipe Ideas
Valentine's Day is coming! What do you on Valentine's Day? Do you go out and fight the restaurant...
|Warm Chocolate Cobbler aka Chocolate Pudding Cake
Chocolate Cobbler. Yes you heard me right. There IS such a thing...and it's easy and delicious....