Soba Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce
This week we made my Thai Lettuce Wraps recipe.
We always serve it with a (little) spicey peanut sauce and a Ginger-Soy-Sesame sauce to dip them in.
We usually almost always have peanut sauce left. Sometimes we also have shelled edamames leftover as well.
Did you know that Siri auto correct spells edamame as “Adam’s Mommy”? It cracked me up when I sent a text this week before realizing…
Some might half the recipe for the peanut sauce when realizing this, but not I, no sir, I make it anyway.
Because it’s fabulous to use for other uses.
Like to drink it with a straw.
Seriously, it’s that good.
Saturday, I had a mean run and workout with my 2 year gym partner and BFF Joy. I needed something healthy to eat to restore a bit of energy so I whipped up this dish/salad. I ate it semi-warm but it would be absolutely FABULOUS cold in the summer as well.
I only took a final shot except for this one shot of the noodles I used.
If you can find this brand, get them, for they are super divine and have the best texture. And the kicker? They take an entire FOUR minutes to boil. This was great news for what I perceived to be my ”I’m gonna die if I don’t get some nutrition SOON” hunger.
If you’re local, I picked mine up at the OK-KO Mart in Midwest City, a little Korean market, but Forward Foods in Norman also carries them.
Below is the printable recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- 3 oz. bundle soba noodles
- ½ c. Shelled and steamed edamame
- 2 T. Chopped red pepper
- 2 T. Matchstick carrots
- 2 T. Chopped green onions
- 2 T. Chopped cilantro
- 2 T. Shaved almonds
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon minced or grated ginger
- ? teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chili oil
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 c. water to thin)
- In a small saucepan, whisk all ingredients but water for the Peanut Dipping Sauce over low heat until heated through.
- Drizzle in water until sauce is consistency of mayonnaise and lightens in color.
- (You will have leftover so you may want to third or halve this recipe)
- cook noodles according to package directions.
- Add in veggies, cilantro and nuts and toss with ½ c. Peanut sauce.