Savory Roasted Pumpkin and Bacon Quiche
This week I roasted up an entire sugar pumpkin just to give you a tutorial on how to do it (click here to see the tutorial).
Today I decided to use the cubed and roasted pumpkin squares to make this delicious Savory Roasted Pumpkin and Bacon Quiche. I also think it would be fabulous with roasted butternut squash cubes.
The original inspiration for this quiche was from this recipe and my very favorite cracker crust favorite quiche from my Aunt Jane’s recipe. It’s versatile and you can add in different vegetables to dress it up.
I think for fall, pumpkin worked quite nicely.
- 2 c. crushed saltine crackers (1 sleeve plus 6 crackers)
- 7 T. melted butter
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 c. Roasted cubed and peeled sugar pumpkin
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 T. Chopped fresh sage or 1 t. Dried
- 2¼ c. half-and-half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. Pepper
- ½ t nutmeg
- 2½ c. grated swiss cheese (8 oz)
- In food processor, whiz crackers until fine crumbs are formed (or place in gallon Ziploc baggie and use rolling pin to crush).
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, remove from heat and stir cracker crumbs. Spread cracker crumbs in bottom and sides of pie pan to form crust, pressing firmly.
- Combine other ingredients in large mixing bowl and pour into crust.
- Use spoon or spatula to evenly push around cheese and other fillings.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until fork inserted in center of quiche comes out clean without any eggs sticking to it.
I love autumn and participating in Food Network’s Fall Fest! Check out what other fabulous bloggers are making with pumpkin this fall!!!
Feed Me Phoebe: 7 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes for Fall
The Lemon Bowl: Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Bacon and Souffle: Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Weelicious: Quick Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Virtually Homemade: Gluten-Free Dark Brownies with Pumpkin Frosting
Devour: Eat As Much Pumpkin As Possible
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cake
Red or Green: Spiced Pumpkin Waffles with Maple Syrup Glazed Bacon
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
The Cultural Dish: Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
The Mom 100: Pumpkin Gingerbread with Crystallized Ginger
Haute Apple Pie: Pumpkin Bread Truffles
Domesticate Me: No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites with Dark Chocolate Chunks (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
Swing Eats: Pumpkin Almond Spice Waffles (Gluten-Free)
FN Dish: Pumpkin Spice (and Everything Nice)
I Am Baker: Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
Taste With The Eyes: Savory Little Pumpkins with Labneh, Zaatar and Pumpkin Seed Oil