Pesto Cauliflower Gnocchi With Sausage
This cauliflower gnocchi with spicy turkey sausage, tomatoes and pesto recipe was the result of seeing photos on my Instagram feed involving Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi.
I had to see if it lived up to the hype.
Ok so it did, and the result is that I am sharing this SUPER easy quick recipe with you because …
I am now a fan.
I mean, I love me some pasta (check out my Pasta Carbonara recipe here that Mr. Wonderful loves) but the carbs just are not hip friendly, if you know what I mean, so I am just thrilled to have an alternative for those times I feel like I shouldn’t be indulgent. I plan on trying it in other ways as well like perhaps this yummy soup.
I sauteed the whole thing in a non-stick pan with olive oil spray to minimize the calories, then browned some spicy italian turkey sausage chunks that I just pinched roughly into chunks and threw in the pan. At the very last minute I tossed in some halved grape tomatoes then removed the whole thing from the stove and stirred in some basil pesto.
Quick. Easy. SO DELICIOUS.
It’s almost not even a recipe….but it’s kind of the perfect one for a busy work-night week meal!
- 1 package frozen cauliflower gnocchi
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage (I used Honeysuckle)**see note
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ c. basil pesto
- Spray non-stick large skillet with olive oil spray
- Over medium high heat, stir gnocchi in pan until cooked through and browned, 5-7 minutes
- Removed to bowl
- If sausage is in casings, cut a slit lengthwise in sausage skins and squeeze sausage out
- Pinch off bite-sized pieces of sausage into pan and stir over medium heat until browned and thoroughly cooked, about 3-4 minutes
- Add gnocchi back into pan and also tomato halves
- stir about 1-2 minutes to heat tomatoes through
- Remove from heat and stir in pesto tossing quickly - pour into bowl immediately as to avoid pesto scorching