Korean BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
I love an easy, inexpensive meal and these Korean BBQ Chicken Drumsticks fit the bill!
We’ve been buying chicken drumsticks of late at Aldi. I think they are all of about five dollars and some cents…ridiculously inexpensive! We grill the entire family pack, then bring them in and toss them with different wing sauces. My goodness! I haven’t even posted about our new hot sauce business …until I do that post you can see them at kjssauces.com .
It’s a fun meal and everyone has their favorite, including the grandkids who will eat honey bbq!
However on an adult night this week, I mixed up some Korean BBQ and this was SO SPICY GOOD.
If you’re not a dark meat fan, you could do this on any chicken or even boneless, skinless thighs or breasts. Take your pick of chicken because they’ll all be fantastic with this marinade and glaze on them!
- MARINADE/SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- ½ c. soy sauce - low sodium
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 t. sesame oil
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T gochujang
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T ginger fresh, minced
- 1 T. sesame seeds
- 1T. chopped cilantro
- Family pack chicken drumsticks (4.5 pounds)
- Add chicken in single layer to 9 x 13 pan
- Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Pour marinade over chicken and toss chicken to coat well.
- Marinade at least 2-4 hours, or overnight if possible
- Pour off marinade into small saucepan and simmer until reduced down to a sticky glaze, about 5 minutes
- Grill chicken over medium heat until skin is crispy, about 15-20 minutes turning often, until chicken is cooked through
- Brush glaze over chicken the last 1-2 minutes of cooking and remove chicken to a platter
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or cilantro or green onion