Jalapeno Popper Pigs In A Blanket
It’s football season…tailgating, finger foods and hot dogs abound and this recipe for Jalapeno Popper Pigs N a Blanket is the perfect combination of both for you to use at your next party! It combines two of our favorite game-day foods – jalapeno poppers and pigs n a blanket! What more could you ask for?
By the way, did you know I have a whole game-day section on the blog? It’s located on the main menu under Dishes-Holiday Dishes! There are also many other holiday-themed menus there as well! You can find it here.
Other favorites of ours for game day have been my Hawaiian Roll Buffalo Chicken Sliders, and swooooon, Chipotle-Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots, My Skillet Chili Con Queso, and my Baked Crispy Wings with Three Sauces.
Jalapeno Poppers are one of our favorite things to make, especially when our garden overflows with peppers. I’ve seen so many fun recipes riffing off of these delicious treats including the now famous Jalapeno Popper Dip recipes all over Pinterest!
We love making Pigs N a Blanket, but this time around I wanted to spice things up a bit and make them a big more grown-up. I thought about adding in chopped jalapenos as I had a bag of them from the garden taking up space in the refrigerator.
Start out by either using refrigerated pop open type crescent roll dough. You’re aiming for 3 straight lines of dough. If you get the crescent roll sheets, just cut them into 3 equal lines with a pizza cutter, then cut them again in 4 equal rectangles per line. If you can’t find the sheets, just pinch the crescent roll triangles together to make them.
Spread with cream cheese.
Sprinkle with the grated cheddar.
Sprinkle with chopped bacon and jalapenos and lay the smokies at the end of one of the rectangles. Then just roll them up!
Place on a lined baking sheet.
Then pop into the oven about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Could there be anything better?
You can switch it up by using pickled jalapenos or doing something brilliant like Mr. Wonderful did – lay down some Cowboy Candy (recipe found here).
This is a grown-up remake done right! I hope you enjoy it!
- 10 jalapeño peppers, chopped finely
- Optional: 1 jar pickled jalapeno peppers or Cowboy Candy
- 36 lil smokies
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8 oz package real bacon bits
- 3 packages crescent roll dough sheets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- coarse salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make sure cream cheese is room temperature and spreadable0000
- De-stem, scrape out the seeds and chop jalapenos (recommend to wear gloves!
- Roll out and separate crescent roll dough sheets. Cut into 3 equal strips then cut each strip into 3 equal rectangles
- Spread cream cheese over each piece then sprinkle equally with shredded cheddar, bacon bits and jalapenos. If using pickled jalapenos or Cowboy Candy, just lay slices evenly (as many as you desire) over top the rest of the cheeses.
- Place lil smoky at one short end of dough and roll up.
- Place each on lined baking sheet
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with salt
- Bake until browned, around 20 minutes