Hey ya’ll it’s TAILGATE SEASON!
It’s time to bump up your recipe arsenal for tailgate food that you can easily whip up and put out to celebrate your favorite teams.
C’mon… you know you are about to put black under your eyes, don your blazing fav team colors, and make the most ridiculously manly-man food you can think of.
And what’s more manly than buffalo wing flavors? How about mixing up sliders with man’s favorite tailgate food…chicken wings flavors?
Hence the Hawaiian Roll Buffalo Chicken Slider. Come along with me on a journey to game day excellence my friends. It’s a wonderful trip.
Start out by de-boning an entire rotisserie chicken (a fairly large one offering at least 4-5 cups). Roughly split this shredded chicken in half into two bowls. In one bowl add 3 T. Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Wing Sauce and 1/2 cup of Ranch Dressing. In a second bowl add the remainder of the chicken, the rest of the Frank’s sauce but this time instead of ranch add in 1/2 c. bleu cheese dressing.
Bleu Cheese dressing gets mixed reviews. If you are a funky cheese lover like me you love it. You can easily gauge your family members and adjust here and make less on the bleu cheese if you don’t think your family loves it. Or you can do the entire thing with ranch.
Mix both bowls up really well.
Cut an entire package of Hawaiian Rolls in half lengthwise, keeping them in tact with each other on the sides. One more row of another package fits perfectly in a 9 x 13 so I always just add them in because friend, there are a lot WORSE things than having leftover Hawaiian Rolls. If you choose not to, it will be a tad short for a 9 x 13 pan.
Don’t worry about cutting them too perfectly because OBV I cannot do that myself – just look how I butchered those rolls. However, DO try to cut them fairly straight across evenly.
Over one half of the rolls, spread the ranch dressing mixture of chicken.
And on the other half spread the bleu cheese mixture.
Now this is the fun part. Top with whatever cheese floats your boat. Today I decided to top the bleu cheese half with swiss cheese shreds.
Then I thought the ranch side would be good with pepper jack slices.
You can totally mix up shreds or slices or whatever you happen to have in your refrigerator like I did today. Gourmet it up with Gruyere or Muenster or kick it up even further with a jalapeno cheddar. The possibilities are endless!
After you put on the cheese, carefully place the top of the rolls over the cheese.
And because you can’t leave well enough alone, mix up the sauce. Melt some butter, add in some more hot sauce, brown sugar, whole grain mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
Pour the whole thing evenly over the top of the rolls then brush it around to make sure every bit of the top and sides are coated.
But wait! There’s more!
Sprinkle it with some Parmesan cheese!
Cover it with foil and bake it for 15 minutes at 350º then uncover it and pop it back in for 5 minutes.
At this stage I showed them to Mr. Wonderful who literally drooled over the top of them then started fussing because I told him he couldn’t have any yet.
There may be a little melted topping floating on the top – that’s ok – it’ll soak in and make your eyes roll back into your head shortly.
Don’t worry about Mr. Wonderful, he’ll get some shortly.
And he’ll be a happy happy man.
Football and these sliders make for a great game day!
- FOR THE SLIDERS:
- 1 Package of Kings Hawaiian Rolls (optional plus one more row of another package)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat picked off and roughly shredded (4-5 c.)
- ½ c. ranch Dressing
- ½ c. bleu cheese dressing
- 6 T. (divided) Frank's Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce
- 1 c. shredded swiss cheese
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- ½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1-2 T. Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 T whole grain mustard
- 1 T packed brown sugar
- 1 t. worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ c .grated parmesan cheese
- Cut Hawaiian Rolls in half lenghtwise and lay bottom half in a 9×13 Baking Dish
- In a Bowl mix half of the shredded chicken, ranch Dressing and half of the hot sauce (3 T)
- Spread this ranch chicken mixture over the other half of the bottom half of rolls
- In a second bowl mix second half of the shredded chicken, bleu cheese dressing and second half of the hot sauce (3 T)
- Spread this bleu cheese chicken mixture over the other half of the bottom half of rolls
- Top the bleu cheese half with shredded swiss cheese
- Top the ranch half with sliced pepper jack cheese
- Lay the top half of the Hawaiian Rolls over all
- In microwave safe dish melt butter, microwaving until completely liquid about 1 minute. Add all ingredients except the Parmesan cheese and whisk well.
- Pour sauce evenly over all of the sandwiches. Use pastry brush to evenly brush over tops and sides.
- Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese evenly over all
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- Uncover and cook for 5 additional minutes.
If you like this post, you might like these as well!
|Buffalo Wing Chicken Party Dip
My family and I love hot wings. In fact, we have cravings quite often and visit our local hotwings...
|Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas
Okay, Okay, I admit it. I've become one of those people that has tried to reinvent the wheel when...
|Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
Sliders are such a great inspiration to play with. First off, you can have a small appetite and...
Here are a few things I've made this year that qualify as "Superbowl Grub". Click on any picture to...