Fall Pretzel Bites
You may remember my post on Rollo Pecan Pretzel Treats the college girls taught me how to make. This recipe is but a variation, although a super cute one for Fall/Halloween Pretzel Bites!
Line a cookie/baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil or use a Silpat if you choose. Lay out 48 pretzels. I used the Hanover square ones (Snaps), but you could also use plain ol mini-twists. I say 48, because I believe that’s how many Hershey Hugs Kisses are in one 8 oz. bag. Now center a Hug on each pretzel.
Pop them in a 350º oven for only 3-5 minutes.
We learned the hard way not to let them go too long or the chocolate melts through the pretzels.
When you see the white chocolate get shiny, take them out right quick!
Can you see the shine on these?
Now ever so gently, place one candy corn across the kiss at a 90º angle to the stripes on the Hug.
We also learned the hard way that placing them every so gently going the same way as the stripes is not nearly as pretty. Aren’t you glad I make mistakes for you so you don’t have to?
Once you have them all decorated, let them cool. Ours took almost 2 hours to firm up but you could stick them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed things up.
How cute are these?
I also think they would be fun with these.
Whichever way you make them, they’ll be delicious!
- 1 (8 oz) package Hershey Kisses (Hugs or Orange Creme)
- 48 pieces of Hanover's Square Pretzels (or can use traditional mini-twists)
- 48 pieces Candy Corns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place pretzels on cookie sheet,spaced apart.
- Place one unwrapped Hershey's Kisses in center of each pretzel.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until kisses turn shiny.
- Important! Don't overcook or the chocolate will melt through the pretzels!
- Remove from oven.
- Gently place one candy corn on each kiss at a 90º angle to the stripes (it makes it prettier) and GENTLY press to flatten a bit.
- Let cool for at least one hour or place in refrigerator to speed up cooling process.