Caprese Salad Redone
A quick and easy redo on Caprese Salad. Especially if you have mounds of basil growing in your backyard that you pick daily and a refrigerator full of leftover veggies from the teenage girl “make your own gourmet pizza” night we had Friday.
- 2 medium size roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6-8 Mini-mozzerella balls (bocinini)
- 1 T. chopped red onion
- 1 T. chopped red pepper
- 1 half avocado, chopped
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 T. olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 3 T. Fresh parmesan cheese
- This makes 2 salads. Toss first 6 ingredients together and separate onto two plates. Drizzle evenly with vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.