I knew when I saw this recipe, I must make it. We’ve been trying, for health benefits, to try and incorporate salmon into our diet more and more.
One problem with that.
Mr. Wonderful isn’t a salmon fan.
He’s a fisherman, just not a salmon fish kind of guy. I know our adoration for sweet chili sauce on anything, so when I saw this on the cover of my February Bon Appétit magazine, I knew I had to make it.
Okay so mine didn’t involve baby pea sprouts…where in the WORLD do you get those anyway?
Not in my Oklahoma (red)neck of the woods.
This was pretty straight forward and simple.
Make the sauce.
Baste with some of the sauce. Let sit for 30 minutes to marinade.
Spoon the rest of the sauce over the fish and broil a bit.
I could feel our Omega-3 levels rising as we ate…
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- ¼ cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 6 6-ounce salmon fillets with skin
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk chili sauce, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon ginger in small bowl. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared sheet.
- Spoon chili sauce marinade over and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon any marinade remaining on baking sheet over salmon fillets.
- Broil salmon without turning until browned in spots and almost opaque in center, 6 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
If you like this post, you might like these as well!
|Thai Green Curry Poached Salmon
I am a lover of all things curry, but especially Thai curries that involve coconut milk. We are trying...
|Honey & Lime Glazed Salmon – Featuring Mr. Wonderful
Mr. Wonderful was home one day this week, and called and asked if there was anything that sounded good...
|Pecan Crusted Steelhead Trout (or Salmon)
Eating Steelhead trout for the first time sparked an instant love in me. I had it...
|Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
This recipe is one that will go along with a recipe I'll be posting on Wednesday for Asian Chicken Lettuce...