Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Cookie Crust2012-11-20
- Cuisine: American
- Yield : 8 slices
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Today I made this Pumpkin Cheesecake with a gingersnap cookie crust. It is a lovely thing. It is perfect for Thanksgiving. It can either compliment Pumpkin Pie or replace it. Either way, this recipe is a winner!
I mean, you just can’t go wrong with Pumpkin Cheesecake right? Unless you don’t like pumpkin anything, and then…we’ll just send you to therapy okay?
Have you always liked Pumpkin Pie? I don’t think I did until I was older…I should have been in therapy.
Anyway, I hope you’ll all be patient with a few photographs and a recipe from me until I can properly post this with many pictures, which I”ve taken, but just can’t figure out how to fit into my day.
A day that I stayed home from work trying to battle a cold. And if that’s not enough, I have multiple college kids arriving at my home tonight who can’t make it home for the holidays. I’ve washed sheets, literally bought out Whole Foods for groceries, and cleaned bathrooms over the weekend. Donations will be accepted as I’ve blown our month’s salary on Thanksgiving food. Today I have pretty much stayed in bed and lacked motivation.
If that’s not enough to convince you, read this. My insane list for our Thanksgiving meal.
Please remember me in your prayers. Thank you.
Here’s the recipe and later I’ll post the video as well!
- For the crust:
- 1½ cups ground gingersnap cookies
- 1½ cups toasted pecans (about 6 ounces)
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 3- 8oz.pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- Whipped Cream for topping
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely grind ground cookies, pecans and sugar in processor. Add melted butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2¾-inch-high sides.
- For Filling:
- Combine cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl, mix until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add pumpkin eggs, and spices, beat till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 60-70 min. or till the top turns a bit darker.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- After it has thoroughly chilled, remove the pan sides and cut.
- Serve with whipped cream.
|Gingersnaps with Creamy Pumpkin Dip
|Maple Pumpkin Creme Brulee
|Cream Cheese-N-Spice Frosted Pumpkin Cookies