Caprese Salad My Way2012-08-02
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
Today’s predicted temperature in Oklahoma City is…
Well, it’s HOT!
This is my go-to salad for the hot summer days. It’s so easy to put together. Just slice up a couple things and mix it all together with a simple drizzle of vinegar and oil. It tastes like summer in a bowl.
Brettley, our live-in adopted child brought home a mix of yellow pear and cherry tomatoes from her friend at work last week. I sliced them in half.
Then I opened a carton of these.
Perline mozzarella balls. They are roughly a little bigger than a pea. I adore them!
Then I sliced up an avocado. Then I tossed all three of them in a bowl.
Then I restrained myself from scarfing the entire thing down by myself.
Now, you can make this dressing in a bowl, or you can do the lazy, hot-summer technique like me. Just drizzle your white balsamic vinegar over top of everything. Then drizzle on some olive oil. Sprinkle on some julienned basil leaves, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and toss the whole thing up.
If you haven’t tried white balsamic vinegar yet, I can warn you that it’s highly addicted, tangy, but subtly-sweet, and much less acidic than traditional red balsamic.
I love this brand.
I found the mozzarella balls at Uptown Market in Edmond, but you could for sure get something similar at Whole Foods or Sunflower Market or any gourmet market near you!
I could just eat this as my meal until these temperatures cool down! How about you! what do you like to eat in the heat of summer?
- 4 oz. Perline Mozzarella balls (1/2 of an 8 oz. container)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Hass avocado
- 3 T. white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ c. olive oil (or to taste, I like less)
- 8 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Slice tomatoes in half and put in bowl.
- Add mozzarella balls, cut up avocado into bite size chunks.
- In small bowl add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil slowly while whisking vigorously.
- Chop basil and add it in then pour all over salad.
- Serve immediately to prevent avocado from browning.
Katie’s Printable Recipe – My Favorite Summer Salad
|Caprese Salad Redone
|Tomato Cucumber Salad (Saratov)
|How to Quickly Cut Cherry Tomatoes And a Recipe!
|Avocado Ranch Dressing