Fall Puppy Chow2012-10-23
- Cuisine: American
- Yield : 10 cups
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 60m
If you haven’t had Puppy Chow, well my kids would say you haven’t lived. They can eat this stuff anytime, anyplace with a huge smile on their face. And it always looks like it’s snowed in the kitchen when they’re done with it.
You know what a powdered sugar dusted kitchen means? It means your family has been having fun AND it can all be cleaned up very quickly. Making memories with your kids in the kitchen is what’s important!
So you may already know the drill if you’ve made puppy chow a million times…here’s how we made this version.
Add 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips, 3/4 cup peanut butter,
Add butter, peanut butter and butter in microwave-safe dish.
Microwave one minute, for starters, then stir for about 30 seconds.
If it still needs melting, microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each one until smooth and creamy.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla.
Stir it up again until it’s well-mixed.
Now as far as the powdered sugar is concerned, you can do it two ways.
You can shake it with the powdered sugar (2 cups) in a large covered bowl.
The better method, however is to evenly divide the cereal mixture into 2 gallon freezer bags and add one cup of the powdered sugar to each.
Once it’s all coated, dump it all into a large bowl and let it cool.
After an hour of cooling, add in the candy.
Gently mix it all up.
It just looks a bit festive this way doesn’t it?
- 1 12 oz. box Kellogg Crispix Cereal
- 1½ c. white chocolate chips (or chocolate if you prefer)
- ¾ c. peanut butter (creamy)
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. candy corn
- 1 c. Reese’s Pieces
- Dump Crispix into large bowl that leaves enough room for mixing.
- Put white chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for one minute. Remove and stir.
- If not hot enough to become smooth, keep microwaving in 30 second increments stirring after each time until melted.
- Make sure and stir enough to know if it will melt.
- Add vanila and mix well.
- Pour over Crispix and mix very well with large spoon until cereal is all coated.
- Add ½ of mixture into gallon baggie with one cup of the powdered sugar.
- Do the same with the other half of cereal and remaining cup of powdered sugar. Shake well until cereal is completely white and coated.
- Pour into bowl and let cool for one hour.
- Pour in candies and mix gently. Enjoy!
|My Aunt Rachel’s Fabulous Peanut Butter Fudge
|Mississippi Mud Cake
|Molten Lava Cupcakes
|Cinnamon Roll Cake