I chose to make this dessert for our Girls Night Out on Saturday. Nothing says “Girls” better than chocolate sauce, strawberries, ice cream and a gooey-warm chocolate cake.
These ingredients harmonize together like the best of friends, and complimented a gathering of women sure to become the best of friends as well.
These cakes are super-simple, and you can choose to make a larger version in 6-oz. custard cups, or do as we did and make the smaller size in muffin tins. One recipe makes 12 muffin size cupcakes.
Melt some chocolate, mix in a few ingredients with your mixer, and spoon into greased cups. These can be made ahead and then popped into the oven during dinner some they come out warm and oozing chocolatey goodness shortly after your meal is finished. Or make them up for a dessert and drinks party for a spectacular presentation that is an ease to prepare after you go out on the town with friends.
See the printable recipe here.
One word of caution. I removed the muffin-size cakes after 10 minutes and they were perfect. I made the mistake of sticking them back into a warm oven while we women yakked. The center hardened up too much from the warmth. Serve these within 3-5 minutes of removing from the oven for best results!
Have a question? Have a comment? I’d love to hear from you!
- 4 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons (1¼ stick) butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 12 muffin tins. Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The edges should be firm but the center will be runny. Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates. Serve with chocolate syrup or hot fudge drizzeled plates, a scoop of ice cream and a sliced strawberry! Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cooking with Love,
~KatieIf you like this post, you might like these as well!
|Molten Lava Cupcakes
Recipe redo! I chose to make this dessert for our Girls Night Out on Saturday. Nothing says "Girls"...
|Warm Chocolate Cobbler aka Chocolate Pudding Cake
Chocolate Cobbler. Yes you heard me right. There IS such a thing...and it's easy and delicious....
|Valentine’s Day Chocolate Recipe Ideas
Valentine's Day is coming! What do you on Valentine's Day? Do you go out and fight the restaurant...
Every once in awhile, I like to post one of these super-easy, nothing-to- it recipes that even a beginner...