I love anything with coconut and lime in it, from curries, to drinks…name it!
I decided to kick up my lemon bar recipe with something different. Here’s how it goes.
Measure one and three-fourths cup of flour, and two-thirds cup of powdered sugar into a bowl. Give it a good whisk.
Add one cup of butter and cut it in with a pastry cutter.
Add in 1/4 cup of pecans. *Kitchen gadget alert! I love this little thing.
Toss in your nuts and also 1/4 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
Again, give it a quick whisk.
Press this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
I had to leave 4 inches or so with no nuts and coconut for my finicky oldest child. The things we moms do!
Cuz we love them!
Bake in a 350º oven for 20 minutes or until the edges are browning.
While your crust is baking, mix together 1 1/2 cup regular sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1 t. baking powder.
Whisk a bit to mix well.
Crack 4 eggs in a separate bowl, and then take your 1/4 cup measuring cup and squeeze it full of fresh lime juice. It took me about 4 medium limes to get 1/4 cup.
Pour it into your whisked egg bowl and stir well.
Pour your egg/lime mixture into your dry ingredients. Whisk it up real well.
Just for kicks, I added 1 tiny drop of green food coloring. I wanted people to know this was lime, not lemon!
Remove your crust from the oven.
Carefully pour your lime mixture over your browned crust. It’s okay if the crust is still warm.
Put your pan into your 350º oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.
Garnish with toasted coconut and if you’re feeling realy spunky, a pretty lime curl.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
…and please come join as as we do our P90X work-out DVD to wear these off our hineys!
- 1¾ c. flour
- ⅔ c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. butter
- ¼ c. pecans
- ¼ c. shredded coconut
- 1½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ¼ c. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Put flour and sugar into food processor and pulse 3 times
- Add butter and pulse just until coarse crumbs form
- Add in pecans and coconut, pulse 5 times
- Press into sprayed 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes or until edges are browning
- Mix together sugar, flour and baking powder. Whisk together.
- Crack eggs into separate bowl.Whisk.
- Squeeze limes into ¼ cup measuring cup until it is full (takes abot 4 limes).
- Pour lime juice into eggs and mix well.
- Pour into sugar/flour mixture
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Using fine sieve, dust top with powdered sugar
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut (optional)
- Sprinkle with zested lime (optionaL)
If you like this post, you might like these as well!
|Strawberry Scone Bread
If you like the texture and not-too-sweet flavor of scones, this bar is for you. But it's without all...
|Key Lime Pie – The Best Easy Recipe Ever
I would have to say that for years now if you were to ask me for my dessert of choice I would have...
|Pumpkin Scones with Pumpkin Spice Icing
Sunday morning I took these pumpkin scones to our marriage class. My kids were not very happy with...
|Blackberry Lemon Crisp
Is there anything better than a fresh hot crispy topped berry dessert where the berries have burst open...