Barbecue sauce is really easy to make at home. I remember my mom stirring together ketchup and spices when we were growing up. She would add leftover roast that was so tender she just shredded it and added it into the sauce. We piled it high on soft buns and it made a simple and delicious weeknight dinner for us.
Most people don’t realize how easy it is to make a homemade barbecue sauce using ingredients from your pantry that are staples like ketchup, garlic powder and brown sugar or molasses. I added a few gourmet ingredients to spice things up a bit but here is my favorite home recipe for barbecue sauce!
Check out the recipe below. We’ll be using this sauce to baste my Easiest BBQ Ribs on Rise & Shine today!
- 2 c. ketchup
- 1-3 chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste on spiciness - I use 1)
- ⅓ c. apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 c. water
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ T. ground mustard
- 2 T. worcestershire sauce
- In a blender, combine the chipotles with all ingredients and puree until smooth. Can also use an immersion blender.
- Cook over moderate heat until thickened, 15 minutes.
- Brush on chicken, beef, lamb, pork or ham during the last few minutes of grilling, broiling or roasting.
|Easiest Ever BBQ Ribs
These ribs are so yummy and... They were so easy! I saw them in Bon Appetit Magazine in my July...
|Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
This recipe is one that will go along with a recipe I'll be posting on Wednesday for Asian Chicken Lettuce...
|Chipotle Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
This is one of the great wonders of the world. It's an appetizer, one-bite masterpiece that utilizes...
|Easy Spice Rub
Recently my Mom-in-law gifted us with a smoker she had hanging around in her shed, and wasn't using. I...