This is a simple summer salad that incorporates the buttery goodness of sockeye salmon with the sharp peppery leaves of arugula and the creaminess of avocado. We ate this last week on our patio in the gorgeous shade of a beautiful summer evening and we loved every last bite of it. Drizzled with my Creamy Avocado Citrus Dressing, this salad is going to be a favorite with us through the hot days of summer.
Preheat your oven to 400º.
Take a nice piece of sockeye salmon and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or sprayed). Drizzle a little olive oil over top, sprinkle it with salt and pepper and rub it all over with your hands.
Pop it into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, assemble your salads. This is what we used…but you could add to or subtract anything you like.
We used arugula, two colors of cherry tomatoes, chopped avocado, freshly sliced radishes (from our garden!), and green onions.
When the salmon was done, I just took a fork and began to pull and flake it off the skin.
I cannot tell you how much I just adore sockeye salmon. If you think you hate salmon, give it a try. It’s buttery and moist and wonderful without much fishiness.
Place a good heaping right on top of the salad.
And listen here folks! You MUST make this dressing to go on it!
It just makes it perfect. Creamy Avocado Citrus Dressing.
The combination here of the peppery arugula, the fresh burst of juciness and acidity of the tomatoes, the creamy buttery avocado and salmon and the crunch of the radish all drizzled with this creamy dressing is amazing.
And perfect for summer. Try it!
- ¾ pound salmon fillet
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 small (raw) zucchini, thinly sliced in half moons
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (or a mix of yellow and red)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Recipe Avocado Citrus Dressing (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a small baking pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange salmon on the pan, skin-side down, and bake until just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly, remove and discard skin, flake flesh and set aside.
- Divide arugula among serving plates. Top with flaked salmon and avocado, zucchini, red onion and tomatoes.
- Serve with Creamy Avocado Citrus Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- ¼. c. honey
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ c. cilantro
- ½ small jalepeno (or your preference)
- ¼ c. water or more, to thin to preference
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all to food processor or blender and whiz up about a minute or until smooth and creamy. Add a drizzle of water if you'd like it thinner.
If you like this post, you might like these as well!
|Creamy Avocado Citrus Salad Dressing – No Cream, No Oil!
Not too long ago, we were finally blessed in Oklahoma City with a Whole Foods store which opened...
|Avocado Ranch Dressing
I'll admit it. I have a mild obsession with avocados. I love them in just about everything...
|Caprese Salad Redone
A quick and easy redo on Caprese Salad. Especially if you have mounds of basil growing in your backyard...
|Pear, Blue Cheese, Walnut Salad
It seems salads get left out in the cold, so to speak, in the fall. I love to make salads in the...