Okay grill people…this is for you and one of those quick week-night dinners that uses very few ingredients but is amazingly delicious.
You already know I love anything honey mustard-like especially this recipe that I make in the oven.
Summer begs for a grilled version so the scorching oven heat doesn’t have to compete with the air-conditioned interior of the house and we made this recipe the other night with just a few staples from my pantry and it was absolutely wonderful.
Marinade the meat for at least an hour, reserving 1/2 cup of the marinade to brush on the finished grilled chicken thighs. It’s a great summer weeknight dish that you’ll come back to!
- 1 c. whole grain or stone ground mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 /4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.
- Reserve ½ cup for the glace and pour the remaining mixture over the chicken thighs in a shallow long container, tossing with tongs to complete coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour but overnight is really wonderful as well.
- Cook on medium heat grill for 5-6 minutes per side
- In the last two minutes of grilling, brush both sides of chicken with remaining honey mustard sauce or wait until you plate it on a platter and brush then. Serve quickly!